Here's a quick summary:
- We make it easy for you to update your communication preferences
- We clearly set out how we work with our partners and other third parties
FAAF understands that its use of your information requires your trust. FAAF is committed to the highest standards of data privacy and will only use your information for clearly described purposes and in accordance with your data protection rights.
These are the main ways we collect your information:
- If you contact us directly via our website or social media channels to request information about our events and services;
- If you reply to our direct marketing campaigns;
- If with your permission, your contact details are transferred from authorised third parties such as Eventbrite;
- If we acquired your personal data from other sources with your permission;
- Contact Details: Name, Address, Phone numbers, Email address, Interests;
- Information you provide us about your interests;
- Website and Communication Usage. How you use our website and whether you open or forward our communications.
- Use of personal information under EU data protection laws must be justified under one of a number of legal grounds and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use in this policy;
- The main uses of your information are:
- Marketing - to respond to enquiries and to bring you news and offers; and
- In order to ensure that you receive relevant and personalised communications, we will use your data to create an individual FAAF guest profile.
Legal grounds for processing of your personal information. The use of your information set out above is permitted under EU data protection law on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
- where you have consented to the use (you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org);
- where necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you;
- where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations;
- where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting the FAAF business and tailoring news and offers to your profile);
- where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party.
Transfer to third parties.
Personal information which we collected may be transferred to third parties on your behalf, only with your consent. This is only shared in a secure manner, using a consistent security protocol. When we share with other parties we ensure that they only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected and do not allow them to abuse this agreement. The types of third parties are: marketing agencies who run and manage marketing campaigns on our behalf; and event companies who run and manage sponsored events on our behalf.
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect and maintain security, integrity and availability of your information.
Although data transmission over the Internet or website cannot be guaranteed to be secure, we and our business partners work hard to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements. Our main security measures are: tightly restricted personal access to your data on a 'need to know' basis and for the communicated purpose only; transferred collected data only in encrypted form; highly confidential data stored only in encrypted form - e.g. credit card information; and firewalled IT systems to prohibit unauthorised access e.g. from hackers.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained them and any other permitted linked purposes. If information is used for two purposes we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires; but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires.
We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose.
Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised or destroyed securely.
Use for marketing:
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary, but only for the relevant purpose that we collected it for. You retain the right to remove this consent at any point.
Use to perform a contract:
In relation to your information used to perform any contractual obligation with you we may retain that data whilst the contract remains in force plus one year to deal with any queries or claims thereafter.
Where claims are contemplated:
In relation to any information where we reasonably believe it will be necessary to defend or prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party, we may retain that data for as long as that claim could be pursued.
FAAF is a UK sole trader.
Your personal information will not be accessed by our staff, agents or contractors from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). You can change your preferences, or withdraw your consent in relation to how FAAF uses your personal information. To request information about your data stored at FAAF as well as request the correction, deletion or restriction of your personal data for analytics and/or marketing use by contacting FAAF please email email@example.com or write to us at 31 Oakford Park, Halnaker, West Sussex, PO18 0BF